Sunday, April 29, 2012

{I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life}

I had a good week. There. I said it. Outloud. Man, does it feel good to say! I started the week by being able to cuddle with the boy {which has become a luxury these days}. He even drove me to work and picked me up Tuesday. Spoiled much? {Though I still think it had more to do with the errands he had to run but I'll take his explanation that he wanted to spend as much time with me as possible} Wednesday, the office went out to lunch to treat a co-worker and I for Administrative Professionals Day. I, of course, had NO idea that, that even applied to me. I was very caught off guard. Another amazing lunch I have been spoiled with since starting this job. Wednesday night, I had a shopping/dinner date that I thought went really well. Conversation flowed naturally {which is something I think I'm really bad at...keeping conversation going} It was so nice to laugh and talk about boys. {It really is the little things I miss about having girlfriends} Oh, and the shopping and cheesecake were really good too. She just so happens to be moving closer to me, so I'm hoping there are a lot more dates in store.  Friday, as I drove to work, I realized it was the 27th. Six months. You can only imagine that got my mind reeling about how one of the worst things in my life turned out to be one of the best. I reflected on how different my life was now compared to what it had been. I got to re-visit those thoughts Friday night when I agreed to have a drink with my female sales rep. I'll preface her by saying...have you ever noticed someone and known that you have a lot in common with them but you're not quite sure how to approach them? That's how this was. Little by little, I'd pick up on pieces of her conversation and take note of her actions. So, when she casually threw out "You wanna grab a drink before you leave the city", I took the opportunity. The conversation that ensued was so refreshing. It almost instantly transformed my attitude about life. The similarities in our situations were incredible. I knew almost instantly that I adored her. I can only hope our friendship will continue to grow. Saturday, I woke up inspired. I got right to my chores {which I'm going to be honest, I have been pretty lackadaisical about for the most part} and FINALLY dragged my ass outside for Week 1 Day 1 run. It was nothing to brag about. 1 minute running 1 minute and 1/2 walking for 1/2 hour-ish but it was something. We all know that starting again is the worst part. I just have to power through the first 2 weeks of soreness and I should be good to go. It takes 14 days to build a habit, right? Saturday night, I made the trek to visit my cousin and her boyfriend {Gasp! Yes, I said cousin. As in, actually blood related} They had the idea of heading to Providence for the evening. I didn't realize how close it was to MA. {Insert really really really horrible navigation skills, here} I had an amazing italian dinner followed by crepes that were to die for. Driving back I started reflecting, in the previous 9 months I've experienced CA, NJ, NY, TX and RI. I've touched down in Atlanta and Phoenix. I think that's a pretty good track record for a little girl who had never left Maine. Within the year, I hope to add NC to that list. Never mind hope. I WILL.

2 comments:

  1. if you don't add NC to that list by the end of the year, you'll be hearing from ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm horribly behind on my blog reading but wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed our date too! New friend dates can be just as scary as first dates, haha. Now that I've finally managed to settle into this apartment we need to schedule another date soon!

    ReplyDelete