Saturday, July 20, 2013

{{It's a holiday when we're together, I wanna stay with you forever}}

Is thing even on......Hello?.......Hellloooooo? No? I didn't think so.  It's been a while, eh?


So much has transpired over the last few months, I'm not even sure where to begin. I'll start with the obvious [[Up there! The blog title]] I have been SO spoiled over the last 2 months. C has been home a plethora of weekends and the majority of the week, too! His time home has been so wonderful. I think it is safe to say that the rough patch we were experiencing is finally behind us. Things have been our own version of perfection. Him being home so much is a blessing and a curse though because so often I find myself daydreaming of what it'd be like if he worked Monday through Friday. {{Although, that probably wouldn't work in my favor...I'd be plump for sure. We know how to eat and drink like champs when he's home}} I tried very very very hard to stay in the moment during these last few months and soak in every minute we spent together because I knew, eventually, it would end.  Here's what we've been up to:

I turned THIRTY!

First Place/Last Place

I got to go on one of his trips to FL

One of my best friends got married <3

Forth of July 2013

We've been on the bike. LEGALLY

He came to my first 5K of the year

Another BIKE day

We went to the beach

And for the most part, it has ended {{Though, we still have a week in August to spend together}} but for new and exciting reasons. He got a new job! {{No, it isn't Monday through Friday. All those wishes on 11:11 haven't paid off yet.}}It is, however, a step in a much better direction for him. The part that affects  us the most....more SCHEDULED. I love that word. I mean, let's face it. If you know me at all, you know I'm a pretty regimented person.

I set out to have an amazing summer this year. There would be no repeat of last year. It has far surpassed last summer...I have been to two concerts, and have two more to attend, witnessed a best friend's wedding and get to be apart of another good friend's wedding, had several beach days and hopefully several more, a long weekend on the CAPE with Katrina , and a week of camping with FRAMILY which means I get to see Helen. Oh, and the weather has been EXCELLENT. Hot, but I won't complain.

Here's a snapshot:

Trust me, we didn't need that bucket of sugar.

First Beach Trip!

Words aren't enough. AH-MAZING concert
We saw TIM!

Peas!

I got to hang out with this happy baby for a few days!
 In other news...my position at work got eliminated. GASP. It is NOT fun being on the other end of corporate restructuring. Trust me.  They eliminated the RFP only SA, the hybrid SA, and our quote technicians. In our places, they have created a new position called a 'proposal technician' {IE. Thank you, but no thank you}} and they fancied up the Service SA's title and job duties. We had the option of applying for 1 or both of the positions. Given my almost 7 years in the industry {SEVEN?! WHEN did THAT happen?} I opted to apply for the Account Consultant position. So it's ironic isn't it? I took this job here in Boston for the opportunity to do service, now here I am a little over a year later on the chopping block.  I have been waiting almost 4 very long, very stressful {stressful in the sense that I have NO idea what's going to happen and I was having nightmares almost nightly for a few weeks about losing my job} weeks to find out my fate. I am doing my very best to remain positive because let's face it, there's NOTHING I can do about this situation but ride it out.  If I don't get this position, I will be trained as a proposal technician anyway to help carry out the transition. {{What that really means is that I'll be looking for another job}} So, cross your fingers for me. I don't feel that my time here in Boston is done.

Speaking of Boston. I joined a gym there. {{Thanks to my rep for introducing it to me a few weeks ago}} Yep, it's pricey. But oh-my-gawd, is it the nicest gym I've EVER stepped foot in. {{http://www.healthworksfitness.com/clubs/back-bay/}} It has 2 floors of gym GOODNESS, in addition to a fully stocked locker room {{This means I don't have to lug the majority of my shower stuff, blow dryer etc to work every day}} It also has cut my 3-4 hour/day commute down to a little over 2. {{and what this means is, I am A LOT happier when I arrive home. I have time to sit down and actually unwind}} I have 1 week of leaving between 5 and 515am under my belt and no complaints thus far. I joined during a promotion so I was able to score 10 free small group training classes, 2 meetings with the personal trainer and a 25 minute massage. The only downside to this? I won't be going to the studio anymore. This makes me super sad, but I still have classes to use, so I don't have to let go just yet. The upside? I'm starting to feel pretty good about how I look. I still have a ways to go before I'm back to where I want to be, but overall it's been going really well. I'm trying to add in more strength training in preparation for my first 1/2 marathon. {{Because when I say I'm going to do something, I do it. I said I'd run a 1/2 the year I turned 30 and I will}} So far the running itself isn't where I'd like to be but I'm trying to remain optimistic that I'll get my mileage up sooner than later.  I keep waiting for that 'feeling' I used to get when I ran. The one that said, "ahhhh, this feels good, I could run forever". Luckily, I've moved beyond the, "This is friggin hard. Why did I quit running for so long?".
Shameless selfie. I know.




No comments:

Post a Comment