Friday, January 13, 2012

Ten Day Challenge – Day Eight {3 Films}

Phew. This is thought provoking. I know I mentioned that I don't tend to read books twice. Well, I also don't tend to watch movies more than once. I like psychological thrillers and unfortunately, once the plot is revealed I have a hard time re-watching because it is never as good as it was the first time. Fortunately for me as of lately, I have a pretty horrible memory, so if I wait just long enough, I can re-watch the movie because I've forgotten....

1) The Notebook. I know, just like every other girl in America, right? I am a romantic. Have I mentioned that? This movie is true love at its finest. It is one of those movies that some would say distorts the reality of love in real life. I only say this because I believe it to be impossible to watch this movie and not wish on every star and every 11:11 to find a love like Allie and Noah. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen this movie, I still cry uncontrollably.

2) The Rock. Yup. Nicolas Cage (before he turned creepy) and Sean Connery. You simply can't go wrong. My love for this movie was intensified when I saw Alcatraz from the Golden Gate Bridge.

3){Picking just 3 is very very very difficult. There are so many good movies}  It has to be a tie between Boondock Saints and A Few Good Men. I don't know if I can choose. {Damn Gemini personality...it is always getting in the way. And I fear Day 9 and 10 are about to get really difficult} Boondock Saints is just kick @$$. You can't deny that. A Few Good Men. Tom Cruise was phenomenal. Jack Nicholson is always phenomenal and well, I could have done without Demi Moore.

{Disclaimer: Yes, I realize none of these listed are psychological thrillers}

No comments:

Post a Comment