Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ten Day Challenge – Day Seven {4 Books}

1. ANY and I mean ANY of the Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. Kay is a forensic medical examiner. The series follows her life and different crimes. {Criminal psychology is one of the few things in this world that completely fascinates me} I started reading them in high school and ten years later, I'm STILL reading them. In fact, Red Mist is waiting for me but I need to finish A Million Little Pieces first. {Yes, Helen, I'm STILL not finished that book} I have never been the type to want something the day it comes out except when it comes to her books. Though I must admit I don't own the entire series. I keep telling myself one day I'm going to make a list and figure out which ones I don't have so that I can complete my collection. Though here's another secret I typically never read a book twice....except for the next book.

2. He's Just Not That Into You---Honestly, I think every  girl should read this at least twice. {I just sauntered to the bookshelf to realize that I must have lent the book to someone and never got it back because it should be a duplicate on the bookshelf and it isn't....ugh} The first time you read it to read it. You'll laugh and you'll say, "no..that's not my situation." The second time you read it, you'll take your time and you'll have that moment of clarity that either he's just not that into you OR he really is that into you. But be a bit cautious,  the last time I read this book, I let my best friend talk me into agreeing to a date with a guy that wouldn't stop asking me out and then I married him and we all know that fairy tale ending didn't turn out so well.... Perhaps, I should stick to only reading a book once

3. Tuesdays with Morrie---By Mitch Albom (Heck anything that I've read by him has been amazing)

4. A Million Little Pieces--- By James Frey. Let me throw this right out there:  I DON'T CARE that it isn't completely true. His writing is so phenomenal and vivid. I've never read anything like this before. {I regret to say I haven't finished it yet, but I will....just as soon as I start spending less time on my computer and more time reading}

This post leads me to one of the many New Year's 2012 resolutions I made: read more. I feel like that is totally attainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment